AKIS provides a high quality strategic support for the development of a full / partial inclusive system of education. Our Learning Support Students each have an Individual Educational Plan (IEP), based on the shared goals and aspirations of themselves, their parents and their teachers, under the guidance of the SOD Coordinator and the Learning Support team. SMART targets are tracked and evaluated a minimum of three times each academic year, using the Assess-Plan-Do-Review model. External Assessment Reports are kept up to date and the recommended guidelines are taken into deep consideration when planning each child’s IEP. Where a student is attending individual therapy such as Speech and Language Therapy (SLT), or Occupational Therapy (OT), termly progress reports are submitted to the SOD Coordinator to ensure we also support these goals in school.
The standards we follow provide clear guidance about the actions necessary to assure good governance and accountability to enhance and extend quality inclusive education services:
1. Identification and Early Intervention
2. Admissions, Participation and Equity
3. Leadership and Accountability
4. Systems of Support for Inclusive Education
5. Special Centres as a Resource for Inclusive Education
6. Co-operation, Co-ordination and Partnerships
7. Fostering a Culture of Inclusive Education
8. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
9. Resourcing for Inclusive Education
10. Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
Commencing Academic year 2019-2020.